The class got really interested in the past, and researched and created lots of different things related to the Stone Age. They also enjoyed their science topic on 'Rocks and soils', and became very good rock detectives!
Created a fact sheet about the Stone Age
Created a spear, a torch with flames, an axe that can turn into a hammer and 2 knives using lego bricks. Researched into Stone Age animals, and wrote them in alphabetical order.
Shared some Stone Age fossils facts and made casts of different fossils. Shared an amber necklace.
Created a large village full of Stone Age homes and a fire pit
Found some information about the Stone Age houses found in West Harling. Created Stone Age bowls and jewellery using different art techniques from clay and small shells.
Made a poster with facts about the Stone Age focussing on tools, animals, clothes, food and homes. Showed a collection of stone, rocks and gemstone.
Showed a fossil and matching game.
Showed some granite with fossils inside it.
Completed a big display of a Stone Age timeline including using pictures from the internet, and showed a piece of flint that they had found.
Made a Stone Henge model out of lego. Created a canvas painting of Stone Henge. Made a fact sheet about Stone Age tools, jewellery and cave paintings.
Brought in a collection of precious stones.
Showed a picture of Stone Henge, and shared a power point display created about the Stone Age, showing extensive research into the subject.
Used the internet to research into and then wrote a list of Stone Age animals in alphabetical order. Create a leaflet about the Stone Age. Shared a flint stone found.
Made Stone Age people that looked like little puppets. Created a Stone Age timeline and cave painting. Found some pieces of flint.
Created Stone Henge from lego
These children also completed some homework but we do not have the photos of their work:
* A picture of a Stone Age man, and showed famous landmarks of Stone Age archaeological digs.
* Made their own Stone Age weapon out of clay, sticks and wire. They also made jewellery out of clay
* Showed a folder all about Stone Age buildings using minecraft.
* Created a Stone Age scene using clay, twigs, moss and stones.
* Showed facts and pictures found out about the Stone Age.
* Showed a selection of interesting rocks, as collects them, including a rock from a book about minerals.
* Wrote a list of Stone Age animals and put them in alphabetical order.
* Created a logo model of Stone Henge.
* Shared Stone Age facts that she researched online, These were presented using word processed program.
* Shared a Stone Age cave.
* Found out facts about the Stone Age. Sketched a hand, tools and 2 cave men to look like cave paintings.
* Showed sketched of a Stone Age person fighting a bear